oil pressure

I've been watching my oil pressure gauge and have experienced readings
that are some what atypical (the car is a 95 M3 without mods). Normally
idle pressure is around 25-30 psi with at speed readings around 60-65.
Recently I've noticed at speed (3000 rpm+) psi readings jumping to 80
psi. I've got the standard VDO set up with an electonic sender running
from the oil filter housing (this is the unit that has two poles to keep
the idiot light operable). These high readings occur intermittently with
the needle settling back down to 60 psi - with and without the engine
fully warmed. Has anyone experienced anything similar. It may be the
sender unit itself (or gauge) but I have yet to test this or test the
entire system with a mechanical gauge. Thanks in advance for any info or
advice related to this.

Peter Wong
Tarheel Chapter