Re: [uuc] 100 Octane fuel

I've seen ultra-high octane fuel like this available near me.  It
wouldn't
hurt to run a tank of this periodically in my '87 325iS to keep the
system
clean would it?

Steve
'87 325iS

Steve,

What makes you think running 100 octane fuel through your tank will make
it run better?  100 octane might actually cause more harm unless you
have an aircraft engine under the hood.

Call any major oil company tech support and they will tell you that all
the additives are the same regardless of which grade of fuel you
choose.  Also use the the lowest octane that your car will operate
without pinging.

I have used 87 octane in a 325i (212xxx), 750il (97xxx), 450sel (245xxx)
without any engine problems.

Save your money!

Mo

- --------------DACEA2067E1E8F0981CEAB57--