"Pulsating" Lights - Fixed

	First, my thanks to those who responded to my question about what
was causing the pulsating lights.  As suspected, everyone agreed that it
was the alternator.

	Time was when I would have disconnected the battery, pulled the
alternator, and taken it to an alternator shop to have it repaired then put
it back in myself.

	However, I am older, wiser, retired _and_ have a post-retirement
job so I can afford to have some things done that I once would have done
myself.  I have a good mechanic whom I trust and I took it to him (armed
with the observations and guidance I received from you on the Digest) and
he checked it out.

	My '92 525i did indeed have the French-manufactured alternator.  He
pulled it and replaced it with one remanufactured by Bosch.  Total cost was
$448 and he did it while I waited.  BTW, mileage on my 525 is 78,000 miles
and since I bought it at 50,000 miles in 1996, that is the first thing I
have had to do to it except for the routine services.  Pretty good, no?

	Thank you all again for your input.

	Bob G.

'92 525i
'96 325i