[Fwd: Recommendations for AutoX/Racing]

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: Recommendations for AutoX/Racing
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:12:59 -0500
From: Ed Tisdale <ed_5bmw@domain.elided>
To: rblakeney@domain.elided

Robert,

You are right that a 2- door E30 318i or 325i is the way to go to start
racing.  I also started the same way.  Autocrossing, then I learned
about driver schools, and then SCCA racing.  The BMW would start you off
well and then you can make performance and safety mods as you progress
and get faster.  Ultimately all three models will be competitive in SCCA
Improved Touring. (325i in ITS, 318i (16v) in ITA, and the 318i (8v) in
ITB)

Welcome to the club, but be warned the "bug" bites hard.

By the way my street 325i is currently for sale as I am looking for an
E36.

FS 89 325i (Daily Driver or ITS Candidate?)