Re: [5series] Re: E34 Problems?

951=944+7, a 944 turbo
931=924+7, a 924 turbo

930 is not equal to 911+7, a 911 turbo. Go figure.

Actually, the level of performance I've obtained with the porsche can be
had in almost any car. E.g. the bilstein sports in the BMW strut have the
same 40 mm shaft diameter as the Porsche cup struts. The 535 motor at 3.5 l
and 8.6:1 compression (same compression as the Porsche) is just screaming
for a turbo. I've seen the Porsche Red calipers on M3s (and an RX7 twin
turbo).

The porsche 944 series is very forgiving, and the money you save on upkeep
may end up at the body shop.

Like they say, its just  money, how fast ya wanna go?

Regards,

Doug "off the brakes - on the gas" Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars, 750I bushing and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars,
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors, Holbert Cool brake,
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips and camber plates - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!

Charles Eaton-Hennah <charles.hennah@domain.elided> on 05/11/99 09:09:11 AM

Please respond to Charles Eaton-Hennah <charles.hennah@domain.elided>