'87 325ic help

I recently purchased a 325ic in fairly good condition...sort of a
rebuilding project.  But I've run into a snag.  Hope someone can
help.

I had to replace the blower motor which had frozen and apparently
burned up.  No problem there.  But behind the motor is a rubber air
flow flap that has become deformed apparently due to the
excessive heat when the previous blower motor was in its final
grinding days.  I cannot find any part number for this sucker and
afraid to just take it out for fear it will hamper the airflow in some
way.

Does anyone know what this flap is called and where I can get my
hands on one? Bentley's doesn't mention it and there is apparently
no current BMW replacement part.

Thanks in advance,
John W. Brett
Paris, KY.