Engine running VERY COLD

Dear BMW Digesters,
I need your speciality to know it is a good sign or
not.

In my memory, My 95 M3 used to run with cooler temp
reaching midpoint; this fact is changed after I
pouring 2 complete bottles of Prolong Engine Treatment
into my engine.In the beginning the cooler temp really
showed lower than midpoint(3/4 to midpoint)and I
thought it should be the effect of Prolong that giving
the engine better lubricant.However, the engine temp
is getting lower and lower and long time I haven't
seen it reaching a quarter point(1/2 to midpoint);I
saw it only in Summer time.Rencently, here in Montreal
is almost winter and the engine is running even colder
no matter how long your driving, the temp meter always
stops at the right end of blue square mark(full cold).

I haven't changed engine oil yet, the oil with Prolong
has been using for 3000 miles. I know this is unusual,
but what's your guys opinion?
How do I check if the thermostat of my car is function
ok or not?

Thanks for replying

Paul Wu
95 M3