Re: 323i sport wagon

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Greg Steinke wrote:

> Actually, I would get the 323i [touring] anyhow. The $4-5k
> difference is not worth 20 hi-rpm hp, particularly since this car
> will have an automatic (for my wife, not me!). So I for one am glad
> they are bringing the 323.

A few days ago, a friend actually had someone at BMW AG tell him the
328i wasn't worth the extra money. Now, I wouldn't want anyone to
spend more money on a car than he needs to, but if someone feels he
just has to wait to get a 328i rather than a 323i, that's also fine by
me. That is one more touring for the rest of us. :)

> From: "Smith, Craig" <craigs@domain.elided>
> Unfortunately the plan is only to bring over the 323, not the 328.
> They did the same thing initially with the 5 series wagon (only
> offered the smaller engine(s)).  This really bugs me.  I thought
> they learned.

- -John
'96 318is

- --