New Honda Civic vs. Used BMW 3 series...

brent williams <baw2@domain.elided> asked

> ...I will be in need of a car that will take me on lots of
> buisness trips. Now, as much as I love my bimmer, I don't
> want to take it on a bunch of long trips to wear it out
> doing things that are less than fun.
> What do you think is better? A used BMW, or a new Civic.
> Cost: $15k. Not a bad deal for a new car. 2 door, with a
> manual.

i love my 1990 Honda Civic Si, it's a great car, but it's not great for
long trips. At 70-80 mph on the highway, in 5th gear your still up in
the buzzy part of the RPM range. the 3 series won't be as buzzy at all.

if you want a honda, and operational cost is a concern, get an Insight,
it's their new gas-electric hybrid. i think they're talking 80mpg.

> '94 325is
> '94 740il
> '97 M3

okay, now wait a minute. you have (imho) one of the best long-range
cruisers ever made, the 740iL, why aren't you taking that? mileage? i
don't understand how people can buy a car, then let it sit for fear of
putting miles on it. drive that sucker. my '95 M3 had 94k miles when i
sold it. my honda has 170k.

if you really want to buy a cruiser, and you want a BMW, and you want to
spend under $15k, get a used 5 series.

hell, why don't you just buy a big buick or something?

m.

'90 Civic Si
'84 318i (scca itb)
'77 Argosy 28