Dear all,

I have been offered a 10 year old 730i, with 250,000 miles.

The price is only double the insurance cost,  so I'm seriously tempted...

Vehicle drives very smoothly and I trust the owner's assurances that maintenance
was completed when indicated by the ECU (or whichever computer). Owner is a work
colleague, and the second in the car's life.

Trouble is, I have no experience with BMW's and don't know how to examine it prior
to purchase. Apart from basic checks on the steering, chassis, and brakes, what should
I be looking for? The engine and drivetrain are the originals - how can I work out
their condition?

Very grateful for all replies,

Tim McD.