<e-36> coupe windowlift and door lock

I would like the collective wisdom of the digest in helping me diagnose a
problem I 'am having with the window lift and door locks of my e-36 coupe.
These are the symptoms.  When I close the drivers door the window goes up
and down up and down, eventually stooping either up or down.   I try to lock
the drivers side door, I hear the double lock swoosh but the doors locks
immediately open.  after several try it lock.  If I try to lock the
passenger side door it like there is no power locks on that side. Also when
I open the door get it and start driving the drivers side window
occasionally try to adjust it's self.  This has become and annoyance
needless to say.  I would like some assistance in diagnosing what could be
causing such behavior.

TIA
Jerry