tranny kickin outa gear ...cheap fix

Mike Daly
  Most of the trannies I find kicking out of gears requiring a rearward
movement on the shift lever are due to loose or soft shift platform mounts.
  Replacement, or re-attachment of the platform mounts can fix all.
 I've also found a couple with short-shift kits and ACCORDIAN type gear
shift boots that popped from rearward motion positions due to the
compression of the accordian shift boot.  Replacing the Accordian type
shift boot with the soft leatherette CONE type fixes this one.
  Thousands of $ saved in both cases.  Makes me a hero every time.  Wonder
why the dealers doen't spot the obvious.

 Dan Patzer the CyberWrench from BIMMERS ONLY
72' tii touring   K1200LT   85' 732i   R850R
http://www.nwlink.com/~bmrfamly/   425-259-3601
 O.E.M. parts, Independant service since 1967
 12724  Marine Drive,  Marysville, Wa. 98271