<E30> F/S, hail-mobile 318is

My good deed for the day:
My brother sent this to me because he knows that I will be replacing my
318i in the foreseeable future.
I won't be going after this one, but I thought someone else here might
be interested.

<snip>
>I found a '91 318is for sale in the Indiana Auto & RV yesterday...it is

>white, has 88k, and hail damage. Pictures and the ad can be seen at
>www.telebid.com. It looks like the windshield and rear window are
missing.
>They are asking $2975 and car has a clean title
<end snip>

All that I know of this car is what I read above, and what I saw on the
web page: http://www.telebid.com.
I noticed that it's a 5-speed, the lower front valence is missing, the
dash is cracked, and that it is a bit unusual, because it has the cloth
sport interior, as opposed to the usual vinyl. It also does not have the
driving lights.
I believe that the car is near Indianapolis, Indiana, but don't quote me
on that.
Judging from the photos, and the estimate for the recent hail damage on
our '91 318is ($2650, with no glass damage), I'm guessing that the
repairs would come to over $3000, part of the reason that I'm passing on
it (that, and no time to drive down there to look at it).
Besides, I'll think that I'll stick it out a while longer with the '85,
and later, get the E30 M3 that my wife wants to get (honestly!).

This concludes my good deed for the day.

- --
Do Svedanya!
Neil Hitze
'91 318is
'85 318i
http://www.hitze.com/~neil

"..the underdog will eventually survive...." --Colin James Hay
   "This is not a step."  --Heywood Banks

End of bmw-digest V9 #1243