Michellin Pilot Sport vs SX GT

The MXX3 is not directional.  Nearly all replacements out there (in the same
class tire) will be directional.  Pilot Sport, PZero, SP9000, S02PP,
Yokohama's, are all directional.  From what I remember I believe the only
non-directional tire that is "similar" in performance (but still less) is
the Dunlop SP8000.  These may also be hard to get like the MXX3's.  My
recommendation is to get a pair of MXX3's for your rear.  Call Tire Rack or
if that doesn't work, Michelin customer service and have them find you a set
of MXX3's.  If you bitch enough, they'll find you a pair of rears.

BTW, The SX GT is not in the same class.  I doubt you'd be happy with that
tire.

The Pilot Sport has a softer sidewall, a softer ride, but is not as crisp in
corners.  On the other hand, the Sports are quieter, tramline less (hunting
on a straight road) and are much better in the rain.  Treadlife should be
better with the Sports (too early to tell).

Good luck.

Scott

'97 M3 (Pilot Sports all the way around, except the spare)