What is leather?

94 325is:

This is probably a stupid question, but wait just a second.  I took my car
to an apolstry shop to get the arm rest recovered.  Total cost: $17.00.  And
when I was there, the owner told me that lots of parts of my seats were
vinal.  For instance the sides of the seats and the sides of everything just
about, so I am beginning to wonder what is leather is and what is not.  So,
could someone tell me what parts of my cars interior are leather.  I can
guess that the seats are leather, and the steering wheel is leather, and
shift/brake boots, but is there any other places?  Just wondering if I
should be cleaning/conditioning them.

Brent

End of bmw-digest V9 #1238