SRS Light Re-set?

I have a 97 M3.  I took the seats out and reinstalled them.  Unfortunately,
I turned the ignition key on before I reconnected the wires for the seat
belt pretensioners.  The SRS light is now on permanently.  I disconnected
the battery in hopes of clearing it ...no luck.  Anybody know how to re-set
it WITHOUT having to get in line at the dealer?  Thanks, Matthew:
rogers_mr@domain.elided

I had a similar problem with the fender sensor. Started the engine without
one connected. SRS light then came on and stayed on. It would flash for
about 5 min every time I started the engine then would stay on steady for
the duration. Everything I tried was unsuccessful including reseting the
service indicator. Finally went to a dealer to have them connect their
super
duper computer to it to reset the fault.

Dave  Green Bay
93 325i