<E34> Recent Emissions Recall

I just got off the phone with the Service Manager @ the BMW Gallery of
Norwell about the recent recall.  He told me that the recall would "erase
my Dinan programing" (which they originally programmed did for me).

I reminded him that it is an EPROM upgrade and he admitted that the swap is
to replace the chip.  To read between the lines I think this recall will
adversely affect the performance and will not do it.  The dealer actually
recommended against it after I pressed a little.

The recall is open ended so I can always chance my mind.  I do not know for
sure but I would guess that the above holds true for sharked vehicles as well.

Jeff Donnelly 95 540i still Dinan"ized"