<e34> Thrust Rod & Bushings

Hi, David.

Yup.  They also get called upper and lower control
arms.  The uppers have the bushing that when it fails
gives you the shakes.  I strongly recommend the
heavy duty replacement.  In addition, always stay
symmetric:  if you replace a part on one side, do the
other side, too.  Easier to align, etc., and to
remember later what went on!  Also, if one is bad,
and the other has the same miles on it . . . hmmm.

Later, Larry F.

>Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:59:13 -0700 (PDT)
>From: David Moore <dinty44@domain.elided>
>Subject: H*lp: e34 Thrust Rod & Bushings
>
>Greetings,
>
>Trying to eliminate a front end shake... a shop
>diagnosed that I needed new Thrust Bushings and a
>Left Thrust Rod.  Is there another name for these
>parts?  I'm looking thru both Bavarian Autosport
>and BMP catalogs, neither have a "Thrust rod"
>listed.
>
>Thanks for the help,
>David
>1991 525i