re: E28 heater fan problem

> I have a 1987 528e. If I have the A/C button pressed, my fan works fine
> on all speeds. But if it's not in, the fan doesn't work (heat, defroster,
> etc.), and after awhile, an odd smell (like burnt antifreeze) comes into
> the car. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

You have two blower motors, the A/C motor is behind the
centre console. The heater blower is at the top of the
firewall below the middle of the windscreen behind an access
plate.

Remove the heater motor then clean it's connections, this
was all that was wrong with mine. While you're there put
some medium weight oil on the bearings.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!