Mann oil filter for M20 engine

Hello list!
I got a bunch of Mann 719/5 oil filters for my winter car, an old Audi
Quattro. Subsequently, I was browsing through an AutoZone and noticed
that their filter catalogues recommend the same Bosch oil filter for
that car and my '87 325i. I'd rather not rely on information like that
from AutoZone (or Bosch, for that matter). But I'd like to use the Mann
filters on my bimmer. Anybody with experience using Mann cans? They look
identical to the Mahle filters I've been using, but I'd rather not rely
on my own judgment, either. ;-)
TIA,
Russ Maki