M30 533i engine "All Aluminum"

I was looking more closely at the Gold Portfolio on the 82-87 E28s.  One
thing really cought my eye.   The  E28 533i is listed as a "all
aluminum" engine, meanning block and head.  I'm pretty sure the M30 3.5l
engine has a cast iron block, aluminum head.  So the question is, can
the M30 aluminum block be bored to 3.5l and resleve the cylinders?  It
seems to me if this is the case, this would make a great upgrade to the
E28, especially the now and soon to be forced induction engines.  The
weight savings can help weight distribution and overall car weight
significantly.

Thoughts or comments appreciated.

Russ