Re: E28 ride height

At 09:23 AM 8/27/99 -0400, Marc wrote:
>I just purchased M5 springs. Will also get the Bilsteins to go with it.
>Does anybody know what the difference in ride height is between the M5
>and 535i?

No difference.  The E28's used two sets of springs.  The M5 and regular
535i used one set and the 535iS used another.  The M5 and 535i used the
same shocks while the 535iS had different valvings (and I think were made
by Bilstein).

Basically, an M5's handling difference came from thicker sway bars, better
brakes and other beefier compnents (bushings, etc...).  I have a set of
both M5 and 535i springs sitting in my garage.  No difference.

FWIW.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii