E30 - (1) Water temp. gauge (2) Subwoofer questions...

Hi all,

I have two questions for all E30 enthusiasts out there in syberland...

1) My water gauge started to "jump" this morning. There is no patern in the
jump, or the length of the pointer jump, they are both random. after a
couple
of jumps the pointer will settle down to the normal water temperature
position.
Is this a bad connection of the gauge cable ? bad temperature sensor ?

2) I'm considering the instalation of a subwoofer inside my trunk, there are
two recomended subwoofers for an E30 (so they say), one is a boxed subwoofer
(which takes up too much trunk space) and the other is the
"bazooka" subwoofer, anyone out there with experiences with either
subwoofers ? My other option would be a better set of 6.5 inch speakers
for a typical rear window installation. I now have a pair of Blaupunkt 6.5
inch speakers, they are good performers, but the sun has cracked their
suspension and it a matter days/weeks before the cone comes loose from
the magnet.