Re: bmw-digest V9 #1196

Hi David,
the switch is probably the problem. It's located at the front top driver side of
the trany. You'll be able to spot it by following the wires that come from the
shifter tunnel from inside the car. If I remember correctly the wires are back and
blue. You'll need a new switch and and 19 mm socket with an flexi coupling to get
to it. Clearance in there is tight.  All you have to do is loosen it and then you
can do the rest by hand. As they say installation is reverse of removal.

Good luck

Marc
'85 535i 383000 km
Montreal