<E30><E28>Using LED's for the OBC backlight

Hi,

I made a web page with instructions to put LEDs in your OBC backlight
assembly. Please proceed to

       <http://www.vramp.net/~jmvw/cars/BMW/OBC/backLED/index.html>

This applies to all cars who have a similar OBC as my E30, probably all
cars from the 80's.

Our on-board computer (OBC) has an orange-tinted LCD display that is
illuminated from the back by little incandescent fireflies. Every now and
then these little fireflies die and you're supposed to replace the light
assembly. It's a nuisance because it's a pain in the @ss to get to the
light assembly, but it's also rather costly - I've been charged as much as
$30 for the assembly.

LED's (light emitting diodes) are durable. Their exact life span is still
unknown, but is thought to be at least 100 years.

Michiel ('87 325es <http://www.vramp.net/~jmvw/cars/BMW/>)