Re: bmw-digest V9 #1184

Scott -

Had the exact same problem myself. It's a cracked solder connection on the
little circuit board at the back of the speedo. If you're used to doing
things like that yourself, it's a DIY. Otherwise, pull the cluster, extract
the speedo, and send it to VDO NA for a checkup (your polyurethane gears are
probably about to go, considering the age of the car). They'll probably do
the resolder for free (they did for me, and the total cost with shipping was
$65). Their number is 540-665-0100. Ask for service.

David Volkert
84 325e
Houston