RE: Diminution of Value (diminished value) of a car after an accident

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, at 18:14:32 -0700, Willy M. Lee wrote:

>Does anyone have experience in getting car diminished value
compensation after a car collision repair?  I'm >undergoing the hassles
of collision repair of my E46 ($11k worth) with AAA here in California,
and AAA >sticks by the verbiage that diminished value is explicitly NOT
covered under my AAA policy agreement >booklet.  I checked the policy
books and I see the exception clause that my AAA adjuster states.

I don't see where you have a complaint with AAA. The language was in the
policy when you bought it. Life may not be fair but it sounds like the
contract was.

>Any suggestions in getting AAA or the other party's insurance company
to compensate me for diminished >value?

If the other party was at fault in the collision you could go after
them. Talk to an attorney about it..

>Or should I just take this a learning experience and dump AAA as my
insurance carrier...plus
>recommend to others that they should NOT use AAA for their insurance
needs?

The lesson here is read the contract before signing. Why should we NOT
use AAA? Because they follow the contract? They're a business, for gosh
sakes, not a charitable foundation.

Bob Kegel
'70 2002
'85 635 CSi