635 Running Hot

Bought a 88 635CSI in Feb. to replace an 85 that met an unfortunate demise on
a Dallas freeway.  I had the head gasket on the 88 replaced by a mechanic
with 30 years BMW experience, and at the time he didn't think I needed a new
radiator.  When the weather started getting warm in Dallas, (over 90F) the
car started blowing antifreeze from the overflow tank on a consistant basis.
I put a new Behr radiator in wihich stopped the dumping of antifreeze, but
with the weather hot (100F+) the temperature gauge needle gets right up to
the red zone, when the car is stopped in traffic.  I did not have that
problem with the 85.  Any suggestions on how I can get that temp. down?  It's
no fun having to constantly monitor the temp gauge when in traffic.  The
auxillary fan works OK and the car has a new fan clutch.  Driving with the AC
off is out of the question.  Are there aftermarket items that can help such
as a fan with a greater pitch?   Do most 6335's run hot when in traffic (stop
and go) in hot weather?

Looking for suggestions.

Ray