Re: '86 325es (paint on bumpers)

In a message dated 7/29/99 11:23:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

<< I recently bought a 1986 325es with 123,000 miles.  The paint on the
bumpers
 is coming off.  The paint is textured giving the bumper a rough surface.
 Does anyone know where I can get the appropriate paint for the bumpers? >>

John,

If you have paint on the bumpers, they have been "painted" by the PO, as that
is definitely not a "stock" bumper...unless you mean the plastic impact
strips(black)..they can be painted...I have used a satin black paint before
with good results... the bumpers are a heavy duty aluminum and wear like
iron...they are not painted.

Good luck,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646