heat cycling tires 24 or 48 hours ?

Okay,

so after a 4 hour grueling brake job performed until midnight, I now have
all new PF90's on all 4 corners and new rotors in the front.  Thanks to
everyone who volunteered advise and useful tips on how to do this...

now, I have to take this puppy out for a "test drive" and to "heat cycle"
the A032R's...  sooooo, here are my questions:

1)  how long of a "rest" period do the tires need AFTER the 100 continuous
miles ?  I've heard 24 hours, but have seen 48 hours on the Tirerack.com ;
sooooo, which is it ?

2)  I would like to bed my new front and existing rear rotors w/ the PF90
pads.  the driver school is not until next Wednesday, so is it safe to leave
them on the car for the next 6 days ? assume a lot of hwy miles and no crazy
applications of the brakes.

TIA

GMK
'97 M3 sedan  (and one tired driver)