Re: DINAN EXHAUST/???

I talked to Dinan about the 535i version. They open the factory muffler,
partially gut it, and put it back together. Expensive, but effective. If it
were me (and from the sound it soon will be), I'd go with a larger bore
stainless sytem from the likes of Stebro, or B&B or Tri-flo, etc. Last time
I ended up with a straight factory replacement. Did you know that the
factory version has a tiny made-in-illinois cat? The apparently didn't
bother to certify the german cat for the replacement version, so I ended up
with a generic cat welded into the stock system by BMWNA. I wasn't happy.
Be warned. Meow.

Regards,

Doug Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars and chip, but factory exhaust
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!