Re:[Race] RE: Tire Temperature

Jaime Poris <jporis@domain.elided> asks:

>Where can one buy this low temperature pyrometer?  Would a 1/8" steel
>probed thermocouple work as well?  How long do you have after stopping
>before the temperature drops significantly?

Jaime -

You can buy a pyrometer like this at any decent racing supplies store, like:
	Bell Motorsports - http://www.bellmotorsports.com
	I/O Port Racing - http://www.ioportracing.com
	OG Racing - http://www.ogracing.com
	HMS Motorsports - http://www.hmsmotorsport.com
	Racer Wholesale - http://www.racerwholesale.com
	Pegasus Racing - http://www.execpc.com/~pegasus/
	Solotime - 316-683-3803

I don't know if the 1/8" steel probed thermocouple would work as well - I
guess a lot would depend on what the temperature range is, and how fast the
settling time is.  I think you only have a few minutes to get all of the
temp readings - the temps drop pretty quickly, and also start to equalize
very quickly.

Hope this helps,

Jim Ochi
jochi@domain.elided