<528e> oil pressure

   Check the connections in the wiring harness.  I had a similar problem
with my 325e.  It turned out the pins in the main engine harness weren't
making solid contact with the pins on the other side.  Take the main
connector (The one that enters the fuse box from the side) and wiggle it
around.  This worked for me.  I doubt it is the oil pump, or bearings.
Both of these cases will cause the light to flicker or stay on at IDLE.
If it flickers at high rpms, I would put my money of a electrical
connection.

Good luck