New to the list introduction, and E30 rear suspension questions.

Hello everyone. My name is Mike and I just joined the list. Although I've
owned old BMWs for most of my licensed life, and been a member of the CCA, I
never new about the list untill recently.

I currently own 3 BMWs - an 85 325e, a 98 F650 motorcycle, and the most
recent addition is our 'new' 86 535i. I've owned this car for about a week
after purchasing it from the original owner. It had 153k miles, and had just
had the entire front-end bushings, shift-linkages, guibo, and brakes
replaced. Basically all the stuff that tends to fail at this age has been
fixed (except the paint and leather) and I think we got a pretty good deal
for 4500 bucks!

Having only been interested in 3-series, I had never driven a 5 before,
thinking they were a little too big, but boy am I impressed. The car drives
like a hot-rod compared to my 325e. It's tight, smooth and has more power
than anything I've driven in a while.

Well that's about it. Oh yeah, does anyone have experience replacing
bushings on an E30? My 325e's rear end does a little dance whenever you hit
bumps in a corner, and the rear tires wear A LOT faster than the front - not
unevenly, though. Also, there's an uneven noise that corresponds to tire
speed eminating from the rear axle. I think it's a wheel bearing, but not
certain. The car has 194k miles on it, and spent the first 10 years of its
life in Minneapolis (it now lives in San Jose, CA). Any input would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
mcd