[none]

Digesters :

I recently installed my newly acquired Valentine One
radar detector in the Rear Center High Mounted Stop
Lamp.  Neat location might I add. However, I receive
incessant false alarm sstemming from the rear laser
detection diode.  By incessant, I mean for every 5
minutes the V1 is on, I get 4 minutes and 55 seconds
of
false rear laser alarms.

I have temporarily disabled the laser function through
the programming mode of the V1.

Anyways, Chip Eberhart here tells me that he once saw
some information detailing how installation of the V1
in the CHMSL *will* result in excessive rear laser
falsing.... something to do with Electrical or
Magnetic
fields in that particular portion of the car, or
perhaps it's something to do with the CHMSL lens,
which
is basically a red-light filter which the V1 "looks"
rearward through.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks much.  IF you reply privately, please
reply to jleung20@domain.elided

Jason Leung
92 332i