Clutch

Sounds like the old dreaded clutch throw out bearing. Its labor
intensive. The part cost for a 325i is about 50.00. It took a mechanic
friend and I  6 1/2 hours on a good day. If you plan to keep the car,
might be a good time to replace the clutch if lots of miles on it.
Henry
'92 325i with M3 clutch kit and L/W flywheel thrown in for good measure.