'76 02?

I'm new to the digest, hope someone can help...

Currently, I'm driving an 84 318i with 112k Km on it (sorry all you US
folks- i dunno the mileage).  I've taken it in to be DOT saftied and the
shop said that the amount of repairs required would be over the total resale
value of the car.  The car is in excellent cosmetic condition, but it
requires major break, and shock work plus possible replacement of a cracked
engine gasket.  I'm considering selling the car and have been looking at a
couple '02s.  My questions are:

1) How much do you think I can get for my 318 As is?

2) Does Anyone have any info/experiences with the 02? Would you reccommend
the purchase, or not?

I'm done a lot of research at the bimmers.com site on the 02 and it seems
that as long as the body, rear towers and frame are good the car is
relatively easy to care for.  Is this true?

thanks fer yer help.

Richard
'84 318i
'76 2002 (hopefully soon)