E30 questions part II

Sorry, I was a bit fuzzy with my descriptions. Let's try that again.

	Two E30 questions:
	1). How do you aim the E30 fog lights on '89 325i? This is the first
E30 model year with front apron that houses the fog lights and the brake
ducts. My driver side light was destroyed by road debris and now that I've
installed a replacement both fog lights are aimed safely down .... where
they are pretty useless. What is the correct procedure for aiming them?
	2). Did anyone figure out a way to stop the 'i' E30 rear view mirror
from vibrating?  'i' mirror is different from M3 or later (MY '88+?) 'is'
mirrors in that it does not have map lights and its construction does not
include a stem cushioning the mirror to the windshield. It is mounted via an
expandable (spring loaded) axle. You compress it to insert the mirror base
into the roof mounting hole. The spindle expands and keeps the mirror in
place. 10 years of vibration later the axle dug ruts in the mounting points.
Now the rear view mirror vibrates even at idle. Gaskets do not seam to work.
Did anybody try gluing the mirror to the body of the car? Any other ideas?

TIA
alex