<E28>Re: E28 tire sizes & Dunlop vs Pirelli

Dave,

The issue is the clearance in the rear. See what the fender lip looks like.
On my 85 I had to grind it down to the spot welds. A 225/50-15 fits a 7"
rim. Don't know what te offset is on my MSWs (PO bought them). Before my
mods, the 215/60 P-600 occasionally rubbed. Now its fine. The big sway bars
and stiffer springs limit the body roll which is the real culprit in
causing the rub. IMHO the comp TAs are a good value for price/performance.
I drive to the track, drive around in the school, and drive home. I just
got the g-force, haven't had them on the track yet. Should be a better tire
than the TA, but way expensive.

Whats a shark? Doesn't it slop around inside the car and stink after three
days?

Regards,

Doug Dykaar
(Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, eh)
85 535i

     Bilstein sports, H&R springs, Dinan sway bars and chip
     225/50-15 Comp T/As on 7" rims
86 951

     8.5 and 10x17, w/ 255/40 street g-force, 275/40 street TAs
     Cup Bilsteins/springs, Fabcar A-arms, 30 mm/24 mm Andial sway bars
     C2 turbo (red) calipers with Al hats and Coleman (NASCAR) rotors
     Recaro SRD, Sabelt, Milledge chips - I'm blindingly fast, but still slow, if you know what I mean!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone ,
        I am looking to upgrade the tires on my '88 535i , currently the
car has some 195-60-15 Bridgestones on it but they are lower end and
lack
serious grip . So my question is , will I be able to fit a 205-50-15
on the car without clearance problems (the wheels are 15x7 approx zero
offset) and which would be the better tire , the Dunlop SP8000 or the
Pirelli P700Z (both of these choices are based on what I can afford to
spend )
thanks in advance
Dave.
88 535i H&R/Bil/Sharked