Mounting License Plate

I own a 1985 M635 and I have a problem.  Since it is a "Gray Market"
automobile, the mounting bracket on the back will not accommodate a US tag.
Not only are the screws in the wrong position (too wide), the area is
physically not tall enough to fit the tag.  Does anyone have any creative
suggestions how I can mount a (US) tag?  I wish to avoid drilling holes in
my
bumper, much less the rest of the car!

John Eggleston
M635CSi
Miami, FL

John, I have seen a few of these cars on the road and it seems like a lot of
the owners just cut the US tags down to size in order to install the rear
plate. I'm sure it's not legal but I doubt the cops would give you too much
trouble as long as the plate #, county (if applicable) and registration tag
is on there and visible. You could also stick the plate in the back window,
but that is more of a temporary solution than a permanent one. Best of luck!
	Regards,
	John
	1990 750iL
	1992 325iA