CD player questions:

Hey everyone, I have some questions about CD Changer installs.  First of
all, I own two 94 BMWs.  The first is a 740i, the second is a 325is.  Now my
7 has a CD changer in the car and it connects with what appears to be
something like the keyboard connector on a computer.  Round with a bunch of
pins.  I also have the same connection in my 3 series.  Same cord.  But in
my 7 there is a little wire harness type thing that comes down with a red
with white stripe wire and a brown wire that plugs into the harness from the
radio with a yellow and a red wire.  Now my question, where is this harness
on my 325is?  I found the CD plug jack thing I described above below the
passenger side brake light cover (underneath it that is) so do I need to do
some more digging to get to the power harness?  It appears that a factory CD
changer has never been in the car.  So I want to get one and I just don't
seem to know what kind to get.  Please feel free to email me part numbers or
whatever.  Should I get the same changer that is in my 7?  It is the alpine
6 disk changer, the wide one, and it has a pioneer radio.  My 3 has an
alpine3 radio so should the same CD changer work in both cars?  Just
wondering, it is confusing me.  Thanks in advance.

Brent

baw2@domain.elided