E28 improvements

As I spend my summer recharging my mental batteries (I'm a teacher),
thoughts of improvements I could be making to my '87 535is keep running
through my head.  My two most recent upgrades were going from a 3.25ls
to a 3.45ls differential, and the addition of a Turner Motorsport chip.
Both were well worth the time and money!!

I'm now contemplating the following, and would like opinions from those
of you out there who may have some experience with these changes:

1) Installing an aluminum flywheel.  I've talked with PAECO, who offer a
unit for $470, which will supposedly offer surprisingly improved
acceleration (by reducing the 'rotational inertia'... I like that term).

2) I've also been contemplating a Stromung exhaust.  I installed a
low-restriction cat a few years ago, but unfortunately, I didn't want to
wait for delivery of a Stromung at that point, and ended up buying a
Bosal exhaust, which I have subsequently learned is not a very
free-flowing unit.  Is this true, and could I get a noticeable
improvement from the Stromung unit?

I have done some suspension mods (Dinan Stage I), and will want to do
more in the future (sway bars, shock tower brace, negative camber
plates), and have done a couple of driving schools with the car (yes, I
fully realize that the loose nut behind the steering wheel needs some
work too!!) but for now am strictly looking to get a little more punch
in terms of acceleration.  Beyond going inside this engine, are these
two changes the most logical ones at this point, in terms of getting the
most bang for the buck?

Any advice, opinions, or caveats would be welcome.
Thanks in advance,
Ken Mitchell
Durham, NC