Re: E36 power fluctuates

Manny,
When my E30 started surging like you describe, it was
because some bonehead mechanic the previous owner used
started messing with the spring in the
(non-adjustable) air flow meter, making replacement of
the meter necessary ($290 for the part <ouch>). I hope
that the problem with your car isn't as insidious, but
it might be worth looking at. You can tell if the AFM
has been tampered with by checking to see if the cover
on it was re-glued. Good luck.
Alex MacLeod
'87 325/4 (new air flow meter, amongst other things)
NY Chapter CCA

Manny Gonzalez wrote:

Howdy folks.

I just recently purchased a 95325I w/50k miles.
Recently I have been =
noticing that while I am on the gas at hwy speeds, the
car lurches a =
little bit back and fwd.  Very slight hesitation.  The
car has a gas =
mileage gauge and I can actually see it move back and
fwd while the =
hesitation is happening.  I can only notice this while
maintaining the
=
throttle steady.
It is very small but noticeable.