RE: <E30> R134a???

Folks, check the digest archives!!!
There is a R134 conversion related post showing up almost daily!

> Anyone convert an E30 to R134a?
> It's 100degrees + high humidity (feels like 110) and my AC
> gave up the ghost yesterday (coated my exhaust manifold with
> oil -- probably a hose or seal).

Or the high pressure switch let go...

> I was wundering how much cooling would be lost with R134a.   With R12
> prices going way up (cost my $110 to have the system 'topped off' two
> years ago -- I hate to see what  a complete charge will cost).

Here is my reply to an earlier poster on E30 R134 conversion:

	I've done R134a swaps on both my '89 and my wife's '90 E30s. Both
went well. Part came from http://www.allbmwparts.com/ for $100 which is the
same "factory conversion kit" BMW sells for $200. Looking at the parts they
should not cost more then $50 if you know what to procure.

> 1. Do I have to change the o-rings?

No.

> 2. Would I have to remove the compressor to flush it?

Yes. From below.