Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:28:07 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jefrem Iwaniw <jiwaniw@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: Clutch and Warranty

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, S Lafredo wrote:
<snip>

> Real paranoid mode. Maybe BMW monitors the lists and has made a list of
> there own :) or maybe I should stop thinking my dealer is so cool and
> remove my harnesses from the trunk next time :(

Actually, the tech reps (at least in our area, DFW, Texas) monitor the
local CCA, ER, SCCA, etc. newsletters for autocross results, looking
for "under warranty" BMWs that are participating in competition,
ostensibly to void their warranty.  This is not speculation -- at
least one local member has had his warranty voided in such a manner
(tech rep produces a newsletter with his name in it).  Now, we screen
our published results, and anybody under warranty is listed as "Racer
X".

- - -jefrem

End of bmw-digest V9 #1146