RE: Harness Belts:

> does anyone have a first hand experience with either "Schroth
> Rallye 3" or the "Sparco columbine harness 3-point" ? retail
> prices are 140 vs. 89 for Sparco...  I checked out TMS web
> site for Schroth (very informative), but www.sparco.il is
> surprisingly LAME.....

George,
	I've installed a "Schroth Rallye 4" harness on my E30. It is
basically a Rallye 3 harness only with two separate mounting points in the
back. Bought it from HMS who have a ton of info about Schroth harnesses at
their web site:
http://207.244.113.13/bin/webcart/webcart.cgi?CHANGE=YES&NEXTPAGE=schroth_00
.html&CODE=221
	One difference between Schroth and Sparco would be the ASM -
patented anti-submarining fold on the inside shoulder belt that tears open
and lets your right upper body move towards the center and forward in case
of an accident. If it works as advertised (no first hand experiences, thank
you), it would keep your head from becoming an 'E' roof pillar in case of a
rollover.
	I could not find any references to Sparco belts on the TMS web site
and the www.sparco.il site is down.
	Rallye 4 installed beautifully into two rear lap belt anchors and
two front seat mounting anchors and was only $5 more then Rallye 3. The
harness is fantastic during autocrossing, so I am sure you will enjoy it
during a driving school. Keep in mind that most driving schools require
equivalent restraints for driver and passenger/instructor. You might want to
buy two harnesses. If you get Schroth, make sure to install them on the
appropriate side of the car so that ASM would release the body towards the
center of the car, not into the doors.
good luck,
alex