Advice for a new 745i owner?

Hi everyone,

I'm curious as to any discussion groups that would focus on the early
7-series.  A buddy at work just bought an '84 745i with 200K miles and I'd
like to get him up to speed on the car.  I'll get to see it and drive it in
the next couple of days I expect.  Now, if I can just figure out how to
swap engines without him noticing...
Regards,

Scott Buchanan
Charlotte, NC
'87 535is

I highly recommend BIMMER.ORG!!!!  They have discussion groups (message
board format) for ALL BMW's !!!  I have received more information in a
timely and courteous manner on there than I have ever dreamed of getting on
THIS digest.  There is a mechanic by the name of CALLAN that specializes in
"7"'s and he is not hesitant to personally e-mail you the answers that one
seeks concerning the usual HVAC and electrical problems. Matter of fact, he
has set up a site with the diagrams (probably out of the service
micro-fisch) of the vaccuum and electrical systems.  Seems that almost
everyone here is a bit self-focused and stuffy.  Hope that I was of
assistance to your quest.  Perhaps, if we join together to help EVERYONE,
this digest will flourish and all will profit.

Enjoy Scott - maybe you can find an engine too!

Clay