<e30> 87 325iC - Morning Sickness

I've recently sharked my car. Yes that's right! I finally got the coveted
JimC chip!

However I do have a small problem. Ever since I installed the chip I have a
problem in the morning before the car warms up: the car idles around 500 and
when I step on the accelerator right around 2000 rpm the car almost stalls.
I can push the gas pedal in all the way and it takes about 3 seconds before
the car 'catches' and starts accelerating. This happens about three times
and then it goes away.

I am very well aware that chances are that it's not because of the chip,
however it seems to me that it would be highly coincidental...

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. TIA

Peter Sankiewicz
'87 325iC 5-spd. Sharked
'94 540i in the works