E36 Paranoia?

Tell me this, digesters:

Am I being paranoid, or does my '94 E30 325i have a brake/steering problem?

If I'm driving along a straight road with the steering wheel turned just a
bit to compensate for the crown of the road, I find that the steering wheel
jerks a bit when I hit the brakes. Nothing major, just a slight tug when I
first apply the brake. The brakes don't "pull" the car to one side at all.
But the wheel has a noticible, momentary tug when I first step on the
binders.

I've noticed this a bit for several thousand miles, but more so since I
installed PBR Metal Masters and Brembo Rotors. (It might not be the new
brakes... just that I started paying more attention to brake performance
after I put them on.)

The handling seems tight, by the way, and there's no noticible freeplay in
the steering... Maybe this is "normal" performance for my car and I am just
being paranoid.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Len Johnson (LFJII@domain.elided)