E34-525iT Brake Pad Replacement

My machine has right at 50,000 on the odo and before we take a trip to NC,
the brake pads probably should be replaced.  I intend to do it myself.

They work fine now, no warped rotors, etc. and do not need to be re-surfaced
or replaced.  Any suggestions as to OEM or aftermarket pads.  I hate to mess
with success, because everyone seems to be complaining about warpage.  Any
caveats or mysteries about the E34 that I should be warned about?

I also will replace the fluid.

Wes Parker
'93 525iT
'95 K753A (two wheel toy)